We want to take this opportunity to lay out the facts and make sure you’re aware of the myths around postpartum back pain. Here goes.
1. Accept that “it’s just sciatica” and then still think that’s normal (when it most definitely isn’t).
2. Accept that it’s “just hormones” as if that’s a good reason why the pain is STILL there, weeks and months, even years after the birth.
3. Wear a “belt” or back support without any intention of correcting or strengthening muscles by doing proper exercise
4. Think that their pain is “different” and that nothing can be done.
5. Ignore everything completely in the hope that the whole thing just magically disappears “overnight”
6. Think that they can have more babies without suffering more pain, next time.
Now, before you even think it, none of these are your fault.
Unfortunately, most of the advice we hear is:
“You’re no different to anyone else who has had a baby in the past and you’ll get better with time like everybody else does…”
That isn’t always the case though… 🙁
If any of this sounds like you and you’re suffering from postpartum back pain, we want you to know that you are not alone and that there is a solution. Back pain after pregnancy is common but so is fixing it and with the right expertise, you can fix the problem and get back to taking care of your baby and doing the things you love without suffering from back pain.
If this sounds like you, you can visit our page on postpartum back pain by Clicking Here to learn more about how we can help you.